On discussing where we live:
Anna: We live in Houston, Texas! Houston is the city, and Texas is the apartment building.
On drinking milk:
Anna: Mom, is milk good for our bodies?
Mom: Yes, it has calcium that is good for our bones.
Anna: Oh yeah! My bones were coming out of my body, but now I drinked some milk, and my bones aren't coming out of my body anymore!
Practicing his Primary talk while dressed as a pirate:
Mom: The Book of Mormon. . .
Will: The Book of Mormon, arg!!! . . .
Mom: . . . teaches us about Jesus Christ.
Will: . . . teaches us about Jesus Christ, arg!!!
Etc. (This carried on through his whole talk. Luckily, he didn't add the "pirate-speak" when he actually gave his talk a few days later.)
At a friend's house:
Will: Where did you get this [train table]?
Friend's Mom: The kids' grandparents gave it to them.
Will: That was so kind! Did you write a thank you note?
On looking at baby pictures:
Anna: Will, is that baby you or baby me?
Will: That is baby me.
Anna: With that tube up your nose? [Will had a feeding tube up his nose for his first few days in the NICU.]
Will: Yeah, I had that tube up my nose.
Anna: (inspecting Will's face) Is it still there?
After playing dress-up:
Anna: Will, is this blue ring what you gave me when we got married?
Will: Yes. Mom, I gave Anna that ring when we got married.
Mom: You and Anna are married?
Will: No, we got married when we were grown ups.
And finally, my recent favorite quote that comes not from the twins, but from the source of their sense of humor:
Allyson: You said it in an obligatory way.
Larkin: I don't know what "obligatory" means, so I promise I didn't say it in that way.
We love our silly family!

4 comments:
I love your silly family too!! they are so cute!!
Those two are so funny! Can't wait to see you!
I love kids quotes. Last year I made a book on snapfish with all Shalene's kids quotes. You should do the same! It's hilarios to read.
Allyson! I don't know how I haven't been following your blog, but this is great! I just laughed and laughed reading about your twins. And, I only just found out from Christa Monday night that you are about to have another baby! Where have I been??! Thanks for your prayers, you are so wonderful! I just love you and your adorable family!
Post a Comment