Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Wrap-Up

My sister brought to my attention a little while ago that we haven't posted on the blog in a long time. In her words, "Has your summer been that boring?" Quite the contrary, actually. Our summer has been so jam-packed that we haven't had a chance to post about it. So here are the highlights.

1. Beach camping trip
Right after school let out at the beginning of June, we took the twins down to the coast and camped on the beach. It was so much fun! It was perfect because we went before it got too, too hot this summer.


2. Ohio trip
We made an unplanned, but necessary, quick trip to Ohio the following week of June. Although the circumstances for the trip were less than desirable, it was great to see my family again.



3. Utah/Idaho trip
This trip was planned, and we had a great time! We were in Utah briefly before heading up to the Le Sueur Family Vacation in Idaho, and we got to see Aunt Marie, Aunt Sally, and my old roommate, Jenny. Then we spent a great week and a half with Larkin's WHOLE family. It was awesome to have all of the family out for the week (minus Eric, who was able to come up at the end). We miss them all already, so I'm trying to talk many of them into spending Thanksgiving in Houston.



4. Scout camp
Larkin, as a dedicated Young Men's President, spent time at scout camp again this year. I don't have pictures of that, but it did keep us busy.

5. Woodbadge Boy Scout camp
Yes, Larkin spent another week at scout camp in July. This week was all training for BSA leaders, and he loved it.

6. Doctor appointments
And then more doctor appointments. And then another doctor appointment the next week. Followed by another doctor appointment. I shouldn't complain; I have had far less appointments with this pregnancy than I had with the twins. (I'm just ready for it to be over.)

7. Back to work
Larkin started easing us into his being back at work at the beginning of August. He would go into his classroom for a few hours a day instead of spending all day away from home. I must admit that it helped me a lot. However, now that school has officially started, he is back to working normal hours. I'm not ready for that. Maybe I'll have a baby next week. . . . That will give him some more time with us!

More pictures are available at Le Sueur Street - though we didn't post that many. We're trying to play catch up on that site, too.

And that has been our summer vacation! We need another vacation to recover from this one.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

sounds like fun!! and hmm, next Utah trip, give us a call!!! We would love to see you guys! Excited to see what you are having, please post pics of the new cutie when he/she makes the debut!!!

Larkin said...

Wow, that first picture of the sun is really nice.... wait a minute that is me in all of my pasty white glory. I apologize for the trauma I may have caused.

Christa said...

I was traumatized.... :)

Mervson said...

Beautiful picture of your mom and Anna.