Andrea came to our house for a vacation over the weekend, and we had a blast! As soon as she arrived, the twins bombarded her with displays of affection, toys, songs, dances, and stories. We went out for "authentic" Texan BBQ for dinner that night.
The next day while poor Larkin was at work, the rest of us went to the San Jacinto Battleground and then to the Heritage Society downtown. On Saturday, Larkin joined us on our daytrip to Galveston. We spent the morning walking around historic downtown before enjoying a heavenly fresh seafood lunch on the coast. We went to the beach for the rest of the afternoon before getting back in time for Larkin to go to the priesthood session of General Conference. We relaxed and watched Conference on Sunday. On Monday, Larkin once again had to work, so the rest of us went to the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center for a half-mile long stroll through "the forest," as Will called it. Then we hit Hermann Park for a train ride and picnic lunch. We spent the afternoon in the Czech Center Museum to escape the rain outside.
We posted pictures of the whole weekend on Le Sueur Street. I also collected everyone's favorite moments of the weekend.
Larkin: "Playing board games Sunday night"
Allyson: "Eating on the wharf in Galveston"
Anna: "Playing with Aunt Andrea"
Will: "Being with my whole family"
Andrea: "Hmmm . . . being with my whole family" (I think Andrea was being facetious.)
Allyson: "Eating on the wharf in Galveston"
Anna: "Playing with Aunt Andrea"
Will: "Being with my whole family"
Andrea: "Hmmm . . . being with my whole family" (I think Andrea was being facetious.)
The kids woke up sad this morning when they realized that Aunt Andrea was gone. I think that means that we're ready for more guests/adventures. Who is coming for a visit next?

4 comments:
I approve of Larkin's comment. Board games are always the best--especially with family and good friends.
Ooh, me! Pick me! You know, I'll only be a mere, like, 7 hours from you guys in another... 4 months!!
YAY!!
We'll come!!! Only if you come visit us in Florida though....come on a free place to stay close to Disney World is hard to pass up.
Zach really wants to come visit you guys. He's been jealous of me and now Andrea having gone to Texas. So, I think it's his turn.
Post a Comment