First, Anna tends to put things in her mouth. She had just been reprimanded for putting her big pencil in her mouth. Larkin took the pencil away from her. Five or so minutes later, I look over to see this:
Enough said.
Later on that evening, William walked over to Larkin, lifted up his shirt, and asked Larkin to scratch his back. Look the bliss on this kid's face.
Again, enough said. Just like his daddy.
The twins also show us that they take after their mom too. They were playing in our game room a few nights ago, and they were being very quiet - not always a good sign. Larkin went up to see what they were doing.
They had created a "book club." They were completely content, reclining in comfortable chairs, enjoying their books. Unlike some of my other traits that I'm sorry have been passed on to our kids (e.g., my OCD about certain things), I'm pleased that they have acquired my love for books.
We sure love these kids!
P.S. I want to add in this old story I have about how wonderful Larkin is. (Cue cheesy flashback.) Right after the twins were born, Larkin stayed in the hospital with us almost the whole time, leaving only to go to class when he absolutely couldn't skip it. I knew he was tired from sleeping only on the "fold-out chair" in my hospital room. One day, a nurse came into our room and asked if she could bring us anything to drink, other than the water which she had been refilling like it was going out of style. She offered different kinds of pop and juice, and Larkin asked for Sprite (normal for him) and cranberry juice. When he asked for that, I thought, "That's interesting. Larkin doesn't normally like cranberry juice." He took a big gulp of his drink and then pulled a disgusted face. "Yuck! Why did I ask for cranberry juice? I don't even like cranberry juice!" That's when I knew exactly how tired he was. The amazing man continued to sleep in the hospital with us, though, until we were finally able to go home - where we wouldn't get an unbroken night's sleep for months and months. We love our Daddy SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so grateful that the twins are like him, even in these small ways.

1 comment:
Love the book club! Do they have any good recommendations?
Post a Comment