We capped off the day by enjoying a wonderful Le Sueur family Thanksgiving tradition with Ethan and Lindsay's family: a pie buffet! Yes, it was as wonderful as it sounds. Lindsay made the pumpkin, pecan, cherry, and key lime pies. I added the derby and banana cream pies and a dark chocolate mint cheesecake. It was heaven. Pure Thanksgiving heaven.
On Black Friday, when everyone else was out shopping, Larkin and I took the twins to the Houston Zoo. It was a free day, and even though tons of other people also took the opportunity to enjoy the zoo without paying, it didn't feel as crowded as we expected. We had a wonderful day! The twins LOVED all the animals, even more this time than they did when we visited the Hogle Zoo during the summer. They loved the elephants, giraffes, zebras, birds, etc. We "moo-ed" at some longhorn cattle that moo'ed back to us. We ate our leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches in front of a fountain, and then we finished off our day at the zoo by visiting the animals that William had been asking for the whole trip - monkeys! He talked about the monkeys on the drive to the zoo and the whole time we visited all the other animals.
After we got home from the zoo, we put up our Christmas tree (with Anna's help)!

2 comments:
William is so adorable with his "More monkeys".
I remember Black Friday last year... I will never do that again. Hopefully.
I LOVE the photo of Anna reading you the directions. It is so great!
Post a Comment