I've always wanted my life to be a musical. Cheesy, I know, but I've always wanted to be somewhere and have people around me spontaneously break out into a choreographed song-and-dance routine to which I knew the lyrics and steps. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm still hoping for it.
Needless to say, there is a lot of singing that goes on in our house. Since most of it is done by me, it is not quality or pleasant to hear, but the twins seem to enjoy it. They've learned the songs and motions to a lot of Primary songs, like "Popcorn Popping," "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes," and others. They'll make a pouty face to ask to sing "If you chance to meet a frown. . . ." We've changed the words in the "I love sister, she loves me" song to include the names Will, Anna, and Daddy (or Momma, depending on who is singing it). We call this the "I Love the Babies" song. The other day William got in trouble for doing something - probably for antagonizing Anna, something he's learned to do well and enjoy doing. He had to come sit down by me for punishment, and to make it a more severe punishment (and because I was bored), I told him that he needed to sing the "I Love Momma" song. Mind you, there isn't an "I Love Momma" song. At least, there wasn't until this day. Then Anna got in on it too, and it was so darn cute that I had to record it.
My favorite part is Will's Stevie Wonder-head-swaying imitation. Classic.
There is also dancing that happens in our house. Again, it's usually from me and usually not worth watching. But this does translate over to the kids who get a kick out of dancing. Just tonight they were watching one of their favorite cartoons, and the main character pretends to join a marching band. The twins went through their toys and picked out their own instruments to join the parade. (That is until they saw the camera.)
So, you see, I'm getting closer to my goal of spontaneous song-and-dance! I'm inadvertently training the twins well. I just hope they don't get picked on too much in school later because of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my goodness! They are getting so big!! I love their singing!
The 'I love Momma' song is just too funny!
Anna's hair is getting so long! Are you loving all the room in your new house?
Oh my word, I have ALWAYS wanted to live in a musical. I mean, how awesome would it be to be walking down the street and see a girl and guy standing on some corner singing cheesy lyrics to one another. Now that's love! (Devin wanted to point out that that's not a musical, that's a chick-flick) but really, aren't they the same thing?! Your kids are cute but next time I want to see you and Larkin out in front of the camera marching and singing!
Post a Comment