Monday, October 24, 2011

FAQ: Josh

Since Josh has been in our family, there are some questions that we've been asked repeatedly. So here are our answers, in case you were curious.

1. Is Josh a good baby?
Answer: Yes! He is so incredibly laid back. It's great! He'll cry when he's hungry or needs a new diaper, but he doesn't fuss much other than that. For example, this morning I set him up on the couch to go change the laundry. I left him like this:
As I was changing the laundry, I heard him start to fuss and then stop. When I came back, he was like this:

He fell, and he didn't even care. That's just how he is.

2. Is one baby easier than two?
Answer: Only like A MILLION TIMES easier! The twins weren't difficult babies; there were simply two of them. I don't think Larkin and I realized how much work it was to take care of the twins until Josh came along. That being said, we'd have another set of twins in a heartbeat.

3. How does he sleep?
Answer: Like this.
Sorry - that is a Le Sueur family joke. Really, he sleeps between six and eight hours a night. He usually falls asleep between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. and doesn't wake up until between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. - sometimes less, sometimes more.

4. How are the twins with him?
Answer: They adore him! Holy cow, these kids fawn over him, even when he's sad. Anna calls him "Bud" or "Buddy." When he cries, she tells him, "You're so handsome! What a handsome baby boy!" to help him feel better. Will keeps himself busy while Josh sleeps, and as soon as he wakes up, Will runs over to him to say hi and asks to hold him. Yesterday, for example, Will fed Josh his bottle. After he was done eating, Will held him for a while - until Josh accidentally pooped on him. After both boys got cleaned up from that, Will immediately sat back on the couch and asked to hold Josh again. He told him (completely unprompted by me or Larkin), "I forgive you for pooping on me, Josh, because you forgive me when I set a bad example for you." Oh my word, I love my kids!

5. He's so big!
Answer: Okay, that's not a question, but we get it all the time. Yes, he is quite long. (We'll find out how long at his checkup next week.) He has outgrown most of his 0-3 month clothes, and he's not quite 2 months old yet. He obviously has the Le Sueur/Oliphant genes in him. He most definitely didn't get that trait from me.

6. Who does he look most like?
Answer: He has my nose, as do Will and Anna. He has Larkin's oval-shaped face. He is a handsome, HANDSOME baby boy! Let's face facts here, though. Larkin is his father. How could Josh be anything except a gorgeous little boy? Honestly.

And that's our Joshua! Did I miss any questions?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

yes, when can I hold him?!? I have said it before, but it is worth repeating. WHAT A CUTIE FAMILY you have!!! miss ya!

Larkin said...

7. Does he do anything funny? - YES, this boy GRUNTS like you would never believe. It has seriously woken us up before in middle of the night and made us both laugh. You have to hear it to believe it.

Anonymous said...

I would like a video of #7 when you have nothing else to do (I bet you get lots of time for that!)! Love your blog and love that you are so good at updating... you inspire me! But I will just catch up on your blog and do mine another time!