This weekend was our ward's father/son campout, and Larkin and William were very excited to go. Will talked about it all week; he was especially looking forward to roasting marshmallows and eating smores. (He is my boy, after all.) Occasionally, he would tell me, "Mom, remember - we go camping especially in the forest." I'll be sure to remember that, Will.
They got to set up the tent, sleep in sleeping bags, eat tin foil dinners, eat smores (of course), play football, hike, and finally pack up. Larkin took the camera with him, so we've got lots of pictures to document their campout.
We wanted Anna to have something special that weekend too, so she got to go to a local performing arts center with some friends in our ward on Friday. I stayed home to work and kept Will with me so that Anna could have that time for herself. Luckily, my friend who took her sent us some pictures afterwards. Here is Anna practicing her gymnastics skills.
I also promised Anna a "girl's night" when the boys were camping. They hadn't even pulled the car out of the garage before Anna ran to our movies and said, "Hey! We were supposed to watch princess movies when the boys were camping!" We fit in at least four Disney princess movies before the boys returned the next day. We had a picnic in the living room, put make-up on each other, ate popcorn, painted our toenails, and had a sleepover in "Mom and Dad's bed." (P.S. My sweet girl snores and talks in her sleep so much. I pity poor Will having to share a room with her.) We didn't take any pictures because the boys had our camera.
The twins share their favorite parts of the weekend.
Anna: "Putting on lipstick"
Will: "Being with Daddy"
How sweet is that?! I almost cried when Will told me that. He wasn't prompted by me or Larkin, and he's repeated that sentiment for the past two days. I'm glad he was able to spend that special time with his father. And I guess I'm glad that Anna learned a love of make-up. Now I pray that she'll forget about it for the next 13 or so years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment