Friday, October 29, 2010

Carving Pumpkins

Will and Anna picked out pumpkins for us this year and were SO EXCITED to carve them! We ended up carving only the big pumpkin and drawing faces on the two little ones, but after experiencing the work involved with the actual "carving" part of pumpkin carving, they were more than happy to just draw on the smaller two.

Step One: Help Daddy choose what kind of face to carve
(They opted for "spooky.")


Step Two: Pick out the seeds from the goop


Step Three: Entertain yourself while Daddy does the labor

Step Four: Run away in fear from the finished jack-0-lantern




Can you see why they were content to choose "happy," drawn-on faces for their personal pumpkins?

*On an unrelated note, due to my many dentist visits in the past month resulting in an emergency root canal, Anna now takes her baby doll to "the dentist" when her baby is sick. I hope I haven't instilled a fear of the dentist in them.

2 comments:

Karissa said...

Love the pumpkins! Not loving the dentist visits though. We'll have to chat.

Marcy said...

Love the pumpkins! We didn't even discuss doing them this year...I think we just forgot. We tend to focus on Emma's birthday since it is just 2 days before Halloween. Glad I found your blog!