Friday, February 26, 2010

Red Loster who?

My mouth is watering just remembering this dinner. Yummm......

We bought some tilapia at the store a little while ago, coated it in this, fried it in oil, and seasoned it with salt and lemon juice. Add some waffle fries (from a bag in the freezer). To top it off, homemade Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits! Oh my word - heaven on my dinnertable. This was the best "fish 'n chips" since London. (No offense to the London Cafe in Idaho Falls which satisfied my craving more than once.)

I got the recipe for the cheddar biscuits here. They were practically identical to the ones from Red Lobster. The only change I would make next time would be to make them into more than 12 biscuits. They turned out fairly large and could have been enjoyed more in smaller portions, I think.

Until Red Lobster comes out with a drive-thru and dollar menu, this will do for me. Next time you get a craving for Red Lobster, come to our house instead!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ooh, this reminds me of being in London! No, I have never been to Red Lobster, but I have been to London. Go figure. Anyway, it looks amazing, and I need to try me some of that fish batter. Thanks for the meal idea!

P.S. That is also a kid friendly meal if I ever saw one.

Christa said...

Remember when we used to celebrate pay days by going to Red Lobster? Good times.