Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick-or-Treat!

I'll be the first to admit that I wimped out on Halloween this year. No cool group costumes for our family. As it got closer and closer to Halloween, I realized that I hadn't even started putting together our costumes, and it was quickly getting too late to start. So we'll save our cool idea for next year. Also, the twins are now old enough to decide what they want (and do NOT want) to wear. Will is getting to be very opinionated about his clothing. I thought I wouldn't be able to get him into any costume at all. Luckily, Playhouse Disney that morning helped. All morning, poor Will heard things like, "See, the Little Einsteins are wearing costumes, and they're getting candy in their pumpkins. You have to wear a costume if you want to get candy." "See, the Imagination Movers are wearing costumes. . ." "See, Mickey Mouse is wearing a costume. . ." He got the point.

Because I didn't plan ahead, costumes this year were "do-it-yourself." Thanks to Grandma Karen, the twins had a lot more to choose from. Also, thanks to Aunt Melissa for making such amazing superhero capes that the reverse side went perfectly with their "witch" and "vampire" costumes!
"Trick-or-Treat!"
Posing with Daddy
"Dad, the good candy is this way."
"Look what I got!"
"Mom, I think it's the camera's turn to wear the hat."
"Wait, where did Anna go?"

Enjoying the Halloween spoils
In all honesty, though, we left the ward trunk-or-treat before the candy got passed out. It was getting too cold and dark for us to keep the kids out any longer. (They just got over being sick, and I'm not about to get them sick again for candy that, honestly, I would be eating.) We did trick-or-treat Ethan and Lindsay's family, so the evening wasn't a complete bust. I, however, had prepared for the 150-175 children at our combined ward trunk-or-treat and subsequently have boatloads of candy for the 6 trick-or-treaters we've gotten at our house tonight. If you're still out trick-or-treating, come to our house! I hear we're giving away huge handfuls of candy!

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Christa said...

So cute! I love that they had to hold their heads up in each picture to see from under their hats. Priceless!