Thursday, May 3, 2012

Flight of the Bumblebee

First movement: Adagio (Early afternoon, after first being noticed)


Second movement: Allegro (After being sprayed with bug killer)

Finale: Ritardando, Diminuendo


All I have to say is, WHAT THE HECK?! I first noticed them around 11:30 a.m., but it was insane by the time Larkin got home from work. I know bees are good for the environment, pollenation, blah blah blah, but they are NOT good for my family in that quantity! We tried calling pest control to get someone else to take care of it, but no one returned our calls until local offices were closed for the evening. Yes, we could have left them alone.

However.

When they swarmed and stung our neighbor two doors down from us and there were that many of them, I could not sleep at night knowing they were just still multiplying.

I never really cared one way or the other about bees, but after yesterday, it is official. Bees creep me out.

After a lot of discussion and thinking over the possibilites, Larkin and I think we found what attracted the bees in the first place.


Wouldn't you want to be close that sweet little bee?

5 comments:

Camilla said...

WHOA! That's is disgusting!! And scary beyond all reason! I have the chills looking at those pictures!

Brooks said...

Ugh! Holy disgusting! Larkin is one brave dude! I definitely would have stayed in my house until professionals were able to come!! Maybe you should consider a career as bee keepers... they seem to like you enough!

Emma said...

I just got flashbacks of the movie "The Birds". You could make a sequel.

Christa said...

Hells bells that's crazy!

Jennifer Call said...

Wow! That is crazy!