Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Why Our Kids Are the Greatest

This is not a post to brag about how great we are as parents. If there is one thing parenthood has taught me and Larkin, it is that these kids came to us with their own personalities. We simply recognize that we have been entrusted with the three most amazing kids ever.

Recent examples of the kids' awesomeness:
1. Will and Larkin were breaking the wishbone from a chicken on Saturday. William grabbed his side, said "I wish our family can be together forever!", and YANKED that bone before Larkin could react. When he saw that he had won, sweet William started jumping up and down saying, "I won! We can be together forever!"

2. Anna was writing/coloring her letter to Santa last night. We heard Will say, "Your dollhouse is pink." I said, "Anna, you got a dollhouse last year. You don't need one this year." Anna replied, "I'm telling Santa thank you for my dollhouse!" All on her own, this thoughtful girl was using her letter to Santa as a thank you card.

3. Will couldn't decide what to ask Santa for this year. He came to me and Larkin and said, "He can just give me whatever he wants to give me, and I'll be happy with it." What other four-year-old is so easy-going when it comes to getting gifts from Santa?!

4. Joshua set his own sleep schedule at two months old that includes sleeping 8+ hours at night. He loves us so much! He also regales us with songs and giggles and smiles all the time.


Again, we have the three best kids ever. Ever.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

not to mention some of the cutest kids ever!!!!

Christa said...

Yeah you do!

Jet said...

They are SO cute - and they have amazing parents! What precious stories. :)