Sunday, September 4, 2011

Impromptu Primary with Will

Will has had a fever for a couple of days, so he stayed home from church with me and Joshua this morning. Will was kind of sad about this because the boy loves Primary! I had worried about his transition from nursery to Primary, but after about 10 minutes on his first Sunday in Primary, he was perfectly happy. He has never put up a fight or cried or resisted going to Primary at all. I want to help him keep that enthusiasm for Primary and teach him the importance of what happens there each Sunday. So, since Will couldn't go to Primary today, we brought Primary to him.

First we had a lesson. Thank goodness for the Church manuals available online! We found the lesson that the rest of his class will be learning about today, and we discussed it, just the two of us (three if you count Josh). We learned that families can be together forever.

Then Will colored a picture of the temple, and we drew a picture of our whole family. It was fun to draw our family now that we have Josh to add to the rest of us!

Poor Will! This is what happens when your mom is the Primary chorister. He had to have his own private singing time. He loved it, though. (He's a good sport.)

This time was so special for me (and for him, I hope). It was wonderful for me, as his mother, to hear his answers to some of the questions I asked during our lesson. This kid knows his stuff! And it was great to hear his excitement when he talked about our family, especially his excitement now that Joshua is here. (It also felt good that he knew all the verses to all the songs for our Primary program. I must be doing something right in the Primary!) I loved having this one-on-one time with Will. I don't hope that Anna will be sick next week, but I do hope to have a similar opportunity with her sometime soon.

After our Primary today, I let Will play with the camera. Here are some pictures that he took - minus the miscellaneous picture of the end table, carpet, framed picture of the wall, etc.



I love my William so much!!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

you are such a good mama!! Love your face! miss ya

Larkin said...

And now you know how I will make it to Heaven.