Friday, March 19, 2010

Remember the Alamo!

We took the kids to San Antonio for a few days during Larkin's spring break. We wanted a vacation, and we're excited that we are close enough to new cities now that we can explore when a break is needed.

After stopping in Luling for some of the best BBQ in Texas, we drove straight to the Alamo, followed by a jaunt along the Riverwalk. The Alamo was busy and the twins were ready to run around after four hours in the car, so we didn't get many pictures there. We tried to take the twins swimming at our hotel's pool after that, but the water was FRIGID! Anna jumped in and out a few times, but Will would barely dip his feet in. Larkin and I were numb and fearing hypothermia after a while, so the swimming adventure didn't last long. It was raining the next morning, and all of our planned activities were outside. So we took our time getting ready and then headed over to the Japanese Tea Garden after the rain subsided. After the twins' nap, we tried the Witte Museum (but ducked out after learning the wait to get in was THREE HOURS LONG) and ended up at a playground which the kids enjoyed much more anyway. The next day we went to Enchanted Springs Ranch - the best part of the trip. We hit Luling once more on the way back to Houston and then reached home safely. It wasn't a long or busy trip, but it was wonderful!

I've posted pictures at the Le Sueur family website, so I'm not going to repost them here. I will, however, post the one video we took: Will playing horseshoes at the ranch. I tried to get him to swing underhand (fearing the repercussions of him tossing horseshoes overhand at his full strength), and he sort of got the hang of it. . .


Trip summary: Two thumbs up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Looks like you guys had a fun time! We want to take a trip through Texas and see all the fun cities... and of course stop and visit with you for a few days too! I can't believe how big the twins are getting... kids grow up too fast! You and Larkin look like you're doing well too! We miss you guys!